Wednesday, November 11, 2009

lots about amy in this post. lol

so i need to do some explaining of things.
firstly sorry about the lack of photos here lately. i dont' upload photos anymore because it takes to much of the interenet cap to do it. i'm going to try to get somewhere to do it soon but its not something i can do everyday at all. i really wish i couild but oh well.
the other thing is when you leave me an annoymous comment here, and don't sign your name, i don't know who you are. lol. and sometimes i can figure it out but not the last one. so whoever you are... maybe i'm just tired but... tell me your name! lol
today was great. i got sunburned by the pool and then worked an evening shift. we had a Braai tonight at mark and rebecca's place. it was kinda just a volunteer thing and it was so much fun. we just sat around and chatted, but it was nice to get off the property and hang out with cool people. i've actualy met mark and rebecca before when they came to Canada for a visit a few years ago. since then they have gotten marriedand are having their second child. lol. time flies.
ummm there are some random things here that i'm totally addicted to now adn i'm going to miss when i leave. GrapeTiser is my new favortie drink. i drink like 2 a day lately and i'm sure i shouldnt. Knic Naks are the best chipever!!! i eat ACE instant porridge every day sometimes for lunch even, in the cornmeal flavor. LOVE IT... its sooooo good. lol.
other things that i love here: when ever i'm in a bad mood, Amy pulls out her bible someone gave her here and reads proverbs to me. also likes to throw in random commentary about whats being read (amy is now reading overmy shoulder and she wants me to let you all know that she is actually not a christian, so it really means more that she does it for me :) it really does cheer me up greatly..... mostly because when i got here amy sworeshe would never even touch a bible and now she reads it to me. actually she is now quoting proverbs to me....... :)
anyways i should really head to bed. i dindn't get to sleep last night till half one (amy and lauren told me that it was two but it was jsut a ruse to get me to go to bed) we were all on the couches, lying around afterwatching 'forrest gump'and i was trying to be a good friend and listen to amy talk to me but i kept falling asleep and dreaming about jam, and then amy would wake me up by throwing things at me or yelling or rubbing my headand then i would have to relate what i had just dreamt. it was pretty hilarious, even tho now i'm totally exhausted! haha. to quote amy, i now need to get to bed because Ï get ugly after twelve"
OHHHH also... .one more thing, its looking like we are going to be getting a car soon. its going to be for the three volunteers that can drive to share and we will of course drive the others around. they took a copy of my passport and license today so i'm hoping we will have it by early next week. it means that we will have insane freedom to do what we like!!! so excited.
ok bed. cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gwyn!

    Just wanted to send you some love, Ive been thinking about you and praying for you and it looks like you are having a wonderful time! I pray that you wont get too homesick and you will be able to take in every moment and experience :)

    Love Cora!
    p.s. I miss africa food too

    ReplyDelete