Tuesday, November 17, 2009

cold dayz!!!!!

Monday i slept in and then walked down to Spar to get some food supplys with Lauren. its really not that far of a walk but it takes time and so you have to kinda plan your trip. :) and sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day. :)

after working afternoon shift i went to life group. loving my life group. they are pretty much so much fun and so very challenging. its cool to be connecting and talking things out with each other. Life groups, home groups, cell groups whatever you want to call them, if your someone who has trouble connecting in the church, or your NEW, or you just want new friends, its really the best way. the church is just so big and there are just too many people in it, sunday morning is not the way to meet people! lol .... thats my little rant of the day

Tuesday was my day off. i slept till amy woke me up..... well actually people slamming their doors loudly next to me woke me up but then amy heard me awake and pounded on my wall on the other side and we had a nice chat before actually getting up. and before my complaining seems like something you should feel ssorry for me about, the actual time i was woken up was 1030. hehe. it was a cloudy freezing cold day and thats why i think i got to sleep late for the first time really. the birds were quiet and i was cold so i was burrowed under my blankets (TWO) to keep warm. and then i slept.... mmmm

i've learned that no matter what plans i make for the day, i should not hold on to them tight at all because something will always come up. i made my way down to the coffee shop for a hot chocolate to warm up and got an invite to go shopping with someone. so amy and i tagged along and had a two hour adventure..... well really we just went errand running but somehow it was an adventure with tons of giggles. we ended up at a pet shop (well....in canada you would call it a pet shop.. ish) and amy and i bought each a gold fish. they were like R20 which is like......2 or 3 bucks canaidian i think. lol. we have named them rhubarb (amys) and Custard (mine) and they are pretty cute.

after i got home Taylor and I watched some movies. we watch movies and people come in and out and join us and then walk away and then new people join us and walk away. its pretty distracting actually. lol. while we were watching we got invited to a concert, ...mmm let me think about it... ummm Yessss LETS GO!!! haha. "Finding Noah" were playing. so around 7 five of us crammed into Johanna and Luke's car and drove down to the venue. Luke was subbing in as the drummer for the band so we all carried a piece of equiptment into the venue an avoided the R40 cover! hehe. naughty!! it was a super fun night. just a small venue really but the music was rocking (mostly, the last band was BAD but even that was fun because of how bad they really were) the first two bands were awesome and loud! wow my ears were ringing. i got some fun photos and videos! hehe

i'm at the half way point right now of my stay here. i need prayer this week please. i feel like i love it here and tho i miss home greatly, i'm very disconnected from my life in canada right now. i got mail yesterday from Danielle and it was my first mail since i got here 2 months ago... it felt so good!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so strange at the same time. its not that i'm forgetting home sweet home, but since i have limited internet, i don't read facebook like i used to and i rely only on emails and messages from people really..... and i definitly have the feeling of life moving on and me being out of the loop. lol. i write here and everyone knows all my stuff but i know nothing about yours. its hectic really. anyways, i don't know what i'm doing just yet but i'm thinking about extending my stay here. financially i don'tknow how i will do it, but as someone here pointed out to me, i serve a HUGE GOD!!!!!

love to you all.
Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment