Monday, September 7, 2009

oh of course


hmmm so everytime i plan a big trip that is also a huge step of faith, something breaks down on my car. seriously its a true story. i went to LA 1.5 years ago for an LTT, and a week before i left my car had major issues and caused me to rethink whether i should go or not. Then last year in july I went on a missions trip to the virgin islands and two weeks before the trip my car died in the middle of the road, i think that was my alternator.....;) and again i thought, was i supposed to take this trip. now both those trips turned out to be life changing, in fact the LTT was were i learned that flying is possible even if you do have a deathly fear of it and BVI is where i got my bug to travel and serve God in other countries.

so... when my car died on the side of the road yesterday in the pouring rain on the way to church just a little over two weeks to me leaving for africa...... i thought... ohhh right on time!!! :) thanks to amazing friends, i got picked up for church, went to a birthday party and had a great day. today i walked to work because it was close enough and tomorrow i'm borrowing a car so that i don't even have to miss an hour of work. God has blessed me with just amazing friends. hopefully tomorrow the mechanic will be able to fix my car, with very little cost...... fingers crossed. :)

meanwhile i'm tracking my visa in the mail and its sitting in Mississauga, probably waiting for the long weekend to be over ;) everything is coming together it seems and i'm ready and raring to go!! its now two weeks to take off!!!

**personal thanks for steven, lindsay, mark, dena, krystal and merrick for being my car rescuers... :)**

~Prayer Requests~
car fixed for cheap
safe arrival of the visa (go canada post)


3 comments: