Monday, December 7, 2009

beautiful sunday....

i love sundays here. i didn't have to work this week so that is always nice. i got up at the crack of dawn and did two loads of laundry and updated my blog before church! :) thats impressive yes? :)

church was awesome. we had PJ Smythe in the flesh preaching the last of the series that we have been working on, Jonah in Jozi. i've ordered the whole set of it so that i can bring it back to canada. its very applicable to any country/city. i brought one of the babies down with me and he fell asleep during the worship and proceeded to sleep right through all the preach. i was happy about that! :)

after church BeeJay and her daughter, amiee, geoff and one of the kids from the babies home and I all went for a drive and a picnic. we spent the whole day out and the kids played in a pool and we watched mokeys eat the garbage out the cans. its so funny because what i think is cool and neat, everyone else thinks is a pain and pest. lol. monkeys are way cute in my books...

we have a new pet on the property. i found a large tortoise yesterday walking along behind the bathrooms by the water pumps. we are now keep the gates shut in the volunteers areas and we are keeping 'speedy phobe'for a pet. she is super cute and super fast. she gets all over the yard at a great rate of speed. its very cute. and she is pretty big too! she is about the size of a rugby ball.

today i worked. and had a hard day aswell. i haven't been feeling very well all day and i'm not really sure whats wrong with me. i'm feeling very very very tired and i think i had a fever aswell. i got off work and slept for 3 hours. first i was burning hot and then i was freezing cold and i felt like i couldn't move an inch because of how much i was aching. i feel better now but not a hundred percent so ... i don't kn ow.... i'll have to try to get to bed early tonight i guess.

1 comment:

  1. Riqui and I just wanted to comment on the blog. VERY COOL. I especially like the camping story. It sounds amazing --J
    R -- I miss you! Come home and visit me in Edmonton. I hope your present gets there on time. Love you. Merry Christmas.

    ps I'm engaged. He's hot and we are running away and eloping soon. ;)
    No, ok that last bit was Jenn. :)

    Seriously, I hope and pray you are still having an amazing, growing time. When you get back, put me on the 'to see' list and we'll hang out and pretend Riq is here. :)

    xo
    J and R

    ReplyDelete