Friday, October 2, 2009

sotho, zulu, and afrikaans

ok.... so i've been bugging some of the people here to teach me words and phrases in the differents languages here. so far i've been laughed at repeatedly at my attempts to speak. I'm currently practicing how to say, 'how are you'or the equivalent of that in sotho and zulu. '"le kae"is the sotho. and i can't remember the zulu. also... "tu la" is SHUT UP... haha... everyone jsut keeps telling me and then laughing at my terrible attempts. its wildly amusing. lol.
today has been pretty mellow. but somehow i always have something to do. there is no rush to get anything done and i'm kinda loving it. lol. i worked today, and then had a late lunch and then went down to the shops for a bit. thats about all. i have a whole list of little things i could be doing but i probably won't. lol! '
i worked last night and again this morning. the kids have just got my heart in a grip. i love love love them all. there are some that really just catch my heart because there is something in their little personalities that cracks me up but i love them all really. last night we were watching a movie and they all lay down on a blanket on the cement floor so i got tired of sitting and lay down with them and two the kids fell asleep on top of me and another on my shoulder. it was a sweet moment.
today i made the lunch AND dinner for the kids. and i tell you, just because i know how to cook in canada, doesn't mean i know how to cook here. everything is different and yet its not. when the caregiver told me to make dinner i had a brief moment of panic and i felt like.... ok.. i can't do this. and then i got over it and made a loverly pot of rice and beef mince thingy with gravey. it looked good and the rice turned out perfect (like kids care) so i'll find out tonight if they liked it or now. i'm cooking for 3 year olds and i'm sweating a bead because i can't find the spices.... ummmm LOL....
Prayer Requests:~i've strained my back badly and i would appreciate prayer for quick healing. its quite painful right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment